In many service based businesses, tipping is common because the person working is not the owner. However, with car shipping it’s a little different as many carriers are owner-operators (have their own truck). Tipping the driver is a nice thing to do and they sure will appreciate it. However, it is not customary when shipping a vehicle.
If you tip, why should you ?
- If the driver was kind, courteous, and attentive.
- If they arrived early or moved their day around just for you.
- If the car was totally clean on an open carrier.
- Called you several times to let you know status.
- Got to your curbside in a difficult to reach neighborhood (with a large truck).
How much should you tip ?
That is totally up to you. Our carriers have noted they have received and average of anywhere from $25-150.00. But again, this is all based on opinion.
At the end, it’s solely up to you. If you see they gave you a great service, then do what feels right.