Although it might seem better to work directly with the carrier, you won’t receive dedicated service. As a broker Professional Auto Shippers acts as your auto shipping concierge, similar to a travel agent helping you book your vacation. There are a lot of moving parts that go into planning a move and our job is to simplify the process of shipping your car.
You may have also seen that carriers are very hard to find. The reason for this is simple. They don’t want you to find them. Most carriers want to work with brokers because they don’t have to deal with any part of the customer service process.
- Professional Auto Shippers screens every carrier, every time using tools and resources that are specific to the industry and not available to the public.
- Since most carriers depend on brokers to fill their load, brokers have leverage over carriers through buying power to maintain level of service, pricing, and over the claim process.
- We have access to multiple carriers’ schedules to find one to meet your scheduling needs, instead of you searching for the one specific carrier that will have a truck on your route, when you need them.
- Most drivers don’t book their loads until a few days in advance because they don’t know their schedule further out than that.
- Finally, most carriers are owner operators, or a one-man operation with one truck. This also means they don’t have any marketing to reach potential customers or physical office to handle customer orders.